I started my morning off with a trail run. Seven miles of almost complete solitude. I saw 8 runners, 1 walker, and 6 mountain bikers while I was out. If you are not a regular exerciser, now is a great time to go for a walk. Just keep your distance from others, but enjoy some fresh air. I have some of my best ideas while I'm out exercising. It's easy to let your mind work when you don't have any digital distractions.
If you're needing a little extra church, our services are streaming live but they are also being made available after the fact. You might even hear me praise singing from time to time if you tune in while we are live. You can find them at Victory Tabernacle's website right HERE. We will be starting a Children's Power Hour on Saturday morning at 11:00. I believe there will also be a Youth Hour on Saturdays at 5:00. I'm thankful that our Pastor, Sunday school and Youth departments are putting this extra effort in.
When I was getting in my car after my trail run this morning, I saw a guy out walking his dog. Nothing unusual, I see people walking their dogs all the time. Except this guy was in his robe! He wasn't standing on the sidewalk in front of his house. He's was quite a ways from any houses. I know we're all staying home, but it's probably a good idea to get dressed when you head out away from your house!
On the topic of dressing, I got this from my aunt yesterday!
No worrying about what to wear on Easter Sunday! And for all the times we ladies have complained about our feet hurting after a long church service, just add some comfy footwear.
I saw this sidewalk chalk art while out running last week. I don't even know the people who live in that particular house, but it made my day.
Keep hanging in there! Don't let fear rule your heart. Reach out to your friends and family. Then reach out to someone who is not in your close circle. We need each other. Send an encouraging text, email, or make a phone call. If YOU are feeling lonely, don't let loneliness control you. Reach out! You don't even have to say you're lonely - just reach out and tell someone you miss seeing them. You'll make two people feel better.
Finally, we sang an old song last night. "Hold To God's Unchanging Hand" was written by Jennie Bain Wilson in 1904. She was born on a farm at Cleveland, IN, on November 13, 1856, to Robert and Mary Frances Russell Wilson. Her father died while she was still in her infancy. When she was about four years old, an attack of spinal trouble resulted in her being rendered an invalid, confined to a wheel-chair and bed. A prolific poet, she produced about 2,200 poems and hymn texts in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Yet, over the course of her life she never interjected sadness from her condition in her works. She died in 1913 at the age of 57, still holding to that unchanging hand.
Hold to God's Unchanging Hand
Time is filled with swift transition
Naught of earth unmoved can stand
Time is filled with swift transition
Naught of earth unmoved can stand
Build your hopes on things eternal
Hold to God's unchanging hand
Hold to God's unchanging hand
Hold to God's unchanging hand
Hold to God's unchanging hand
Build your hopes on things eternal
Hold to God's unchanging hand
Build your hopes on things eternal
Hold to God's unchanging hand
Trust in Him who will not leave you
Whatsoever years may bring
If by earthly friends forsaken
Still more closely to Him cling
Whatsoever years may bring
If by earthly friends forsaken
Still more closely to Him cling
Covet not this world's vain riches
That so rapidly decay
Seek to gain the Heavenly treasures
They will never pass away
That so rapidly decay
Seek to gain the Heavenly treasures
They will never pass away
When your journey is completed
If to God you have been true
Fair and bright your home in glory
Your enraptured soul will view
If to God you have been true
Fair and bright your home in glory
Your enraptured soul will view
Hold to God's unchanging hand
Hold to God's unchanging hand
Build your hopes on things eternal
Hold to God's unchanging hand
Hold to God's unchanging hand
Build your hopes on things eternal
Hold to God's unchanging hand
Just keep holding to His hand, it's unchanging!









No comments:
Post a Comment