I've fallen a little off with my Fear Not posts. We had a very busy second half of January and all of February. This included a wonderful visit from Reece, one of our nephews from Tennessee. He was working in California and stayed with us for a month. We really enjoyed having him, although I didn't take a single picture of him! Les took him skiing and for a bike ride, but most of the time he was working, doing school work, or sleeping.
While I haven't been blogging about it, I certainly have been reading fear not a lot! It's been in my Bible reading over and over. I've also heard the words many times during teaching and preaching at church. Each time I hear it, my ears perk up.
It's just a little less than seven weeks until we celebrate the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. I've decided to look at the times that Jesus said "fear not" between now and then. The words fear not are only found 12 times in the four gospels. Five of those times the words were spoken by angels. Another is a quote about Jesus, a fulfillment of an Old Testament prophecy. That leaves me with just enough to study for the next few weeks. I'll complete this portion with Matthew 28:5 when the angel told the women at the tomb, "Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified," the greatest reason in the world not to fear!
No comments:
Post a Comment