Before I start writing about our vacation, I wanted to give a small geography lesson and update about what is going on in regards to the Hawaii volcano. People get a bit confused when they hear "the island of Hawaii." The island of Hawaii is also known as the Big Island. The total land mass of the island of Hawaii is greater than all the other Hawaiian islands combined. The Kilauea Volcano on the Big Island has been erupting for about five weeks. Hundreds of homes have been destroyed but the good news is that, so far, no fatalities or serious injuries have been reported by this eruption.
![]() |
| Where Kilauea is erupting |
Kilauea Volcano is on the southeast part of Hawaii Island. Les and I spend most of our time on the island of Oahu, his office is in Honolulu. Our vacation was on the island of Kauai the northern most island in the Hawaiian island chain. So we were not affected at all by any of the volcano activity.
As I've already mentioned, Kauai is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. We stayed at The Cliffs at Princeville on the north shore and could not get over the beauty!
I booked our room through Airbnb, but it was managed by Oceanfront Realty. We were blown away when we walked in - it was much larger than we imagined from the pictures!
The unit had one bedroom, two bathrooms, living room, dining room, full kitchen, and two lanais! There was plenty of room for us to stretch out and make ourselves at home.
This could not have been a more perfect room for us!
There was also a washer and dryer in the unit.
The back lanai had a beautiful ocean view, perfect for our morning coffee time!
Lots of chickens, roosters and the Hawaiian goose, the Nene, hung out in the grassy area.
While it had an ocean view, it was not on the beach. The Cliffs are exactly that - cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. This gave us the best of both worlds, the view of the ocean without the traffic and noise of beach goers.
















No comments:
Post a Comment