We were home in California this year for Thanksgiving. It had been way too many years since we spent it with my family. We drove to Fresno on Wednesday and got an early Thursday morning bike ride in before heading to Visalia. It was in the 30s to low 40s for most of our ride. I managed to hang on for 33 miles, my longest ride this year.
My Aunt Suzie has hosted the family gathering for years.
There is always plenty of food and laughter!
Not everyone got the memo to make a funny face!
Les and I changed our #OptOutside plans for Black Friday. There was a storm coming and getting to Yosemite was looking really iffy. We decided to go home on Friday instead of Saturday. Before we left town we had breakfast with my Uncle Ken and Aunt Joyce, Mom's sister. And when I say we "had breakfast" I mean that we sat at Mimi's Cafe catching up for almost three hours!
We then spent a couple hours at Krysten and Lauren's. These two make me so proud to be an aunt! They are kind, funny, hard working, smart and sweet. And as the storm moved across the entire state on Saturday, we were really happy that we didn't have to drive in it.






2 comments:
We were in Visalia too for Thanksgiving!!! Wow small world!
Hey Chris,
My Mom grew up in Visalia and my Dad grew up in Woodlake, so I know that part of California very well!
Post a Comment