Monday, November 23, 2015

Ronald Reagan Presidential Library

I won't be posting a Woman of the Week this week, we are on our way to Florida for Thanksgiving and I plan to just enjoy myself.  I'm not even taking my laptop!


We had a visitor last week - Les' cousin Shannon had business in California and spent a few nights with us before flying home.  Friday afternoon we made a quick visit to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.  We didn't get there until about 3:00 and it closed at 5:00, so we moved quickly through the exhibits.


I forgot to take any pictures of the Oval Office, but here is Les being presidential:


Air Force One:


His meetings with Gorbachev:


Part of the Berlin Wall:


There is a special exhibit right now - "The Wall the Heals" is a half-scale replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall.  This is a traveling exhibit that is only on display for a few days and we were fortunate to see it.




On my way out of the library, I  walked through the gift shop.  I picked up a 2016 calendar with this picture of the cover:


When the library opened in November 1991, I was working down the street at Bugle Boy.  Security was high with our current president and these four former presidents in town.  It's one of my favorite pictures!


I don't understand all that is going on in our world.  Sadly, the Bible tells us that man is not good, we live in a fallen state.  But "what is right" is God's ways and those ways will always eventually triumph!

No comments:

Verse of the Day