Thursday, September 10, 2015

Quick and Easy Fish Tacos! (Friday Foodie on Thursday)

I'm a big fan of Mexican food.  Well, probably Tex-Mex more than the truly authentic stuff - tacos, enchiladas, burritos, etc.  I'd been wanting to branch out and make fish tacos, but couldn't figure out what my toppings should be.  The typical lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, hot sauce and guacamole wasn't what I had seen in restaurants.  Enter Taylor Farms' Southwest Chopped Salad Kit!  This cabbage, lettuce, cilantro and carrot mix was perfect.


Fish Tacos
Ingredients:
2 Tilapia fillets
Taco/Mexican seasoning of choice
Taylor Farms' Southwest Chopped Salad Kit
5-6 small tortillas

Directions:
1.  Cut fish into 4-5 small pieces (I only do this so there is more seasoning on the fish.)  Place fish pieces and season in zip-lock bag and toss.  Set aside.
2.  Heat tortillas in dry pan.
3.  Cook fish to your liking.  You can grill, bake, or fry - whatever method you normally use when preparing fish. I blacken mine with a little bit of oil in a skillet - about 3 minutes on each side.
4.  Using 2 forks, break fish into bite size pieces.
5.  Assemble tacos and enjoy!

I have made these a couple times now and they are so good!  We probably use less than half the salad, but most of the dressing (we use the salad, cheese and dressing, saving the crunchy toppings for another salad.)  The rest of the salad makes a good dinner salad, just use whatever dressing you have on hand.

No comments:

Verse of the Day