Friday, June 13, 2014

I Lied

My last post said, "Next post will come from Indy!"  Sorry, I really didn't mean to lie.  We were having too much fun and I decided not to be a blogging Martha (fretting over blogging instead of being present with the family.)  We had a fantastic time in Indianapolis with the Lance McElhaney family.  On Friday, Les and Lance rode bikes while we ladies went to the Indianapolis Zoo.

Hannah's hand with an orangutan's
New Orangutan exhibit

Baby African Elephant

Hannah trying to get a butterfly to land on her finger

On Saturday, Lance had a Junior Bible Quizzing Tournament.  Les tagged along and sent updates as Lance's team went undefeated in round one.  They ended up taking second overall, which qualified them for the national tournament, and Lance was Coach of the Year.



Hannah and I went for a short run (she's FAST!) then we ladies headed out for some shopping and ice cream at Mrs. Curl's.



On Sunday, Les had to get to work.  One of the reasons we were in Indy was for the IASA Conference.  I joined him at the Marriott until Tuesday morning.  While Les was listening to former president Bill Clinton speak, Monica and the girls picked me up.  We went to the Indiana Museum for a while before heading back to the house.


I didn't get a single picture of Monica!  She is such a wonderful hostess and amazing cook.  No pictures, but I did bring home four new recipes!  I'm sure they'll show up on Friday Foodie in the near future.

I'm going to continue my non-Martha blogging ways next week.  Pacific Coast Camp starts on Monday so I know there won't be much blogging going on.  I'll try to check in, but no promises!

No comments:

Verse of the Day