Thursday, January 16, 2014

Can You Survive the Takeaway?

We were blessed to have the Gleasons stay over for our Sunday night service.  Bro. Gleason preached a fabulous message called, "Can You Survive the Takeaway?"  I take better notes during Bible study, but here are a few of the thoughts I wrote down:

Job 1:20-22 says, "Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly."

Everybody is going through something.  Everybody has a problem, just came out of a problem, or is getting ready to go into a problem!

Life's song has three verses:
  1. The Lord gives
  2. The Lord takes away
  3. Blessed be the name of the Lord!
We are all happy to sing verse one.  We will all sing verse two.  But we've got to learn to sing verse three.

You are going to be hurt in life, but will you be offended?  When you sing "blessed be the name of the Lord," you are learning to survive the takeaways in life.

Hebrews 10:9 says, "He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second."  When God takes something away, He is doing it to make room from something better.

No comments:

Verse of the Day