The name of her blog "Plain Chicken" also rang a bell with me. Steph said about the blog name:
Growing up, I was not an adventurous eater (I'm still not, but I am getting better) and I would always order the chicken "plain" when we went out to eat. My brother constantly made fun of me. If anyone asked me what I was going to order, before I could answer, my brother would chime in with "plain chicken".Anyone who ever ate with my brother, Rod, will love that title as much as me! He was the ultimate "plain" eater. No ketchup on his fries. Nothing on his hamburger (not even cheese.) No syrup on his pancakes (peanut butter, please!) There was nothing else plain about Rod, and if he had a blog it would have been extremely colorful and entertaining, but his food was plain.
So on to the new recipe:
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti
Click link above for the original recipe. I reduced it quite a bit.
- 9 oz spaghetti (I used Fettuccine)
- 1 cup cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese (I used light)
- ~ 1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce (I used a little less than 1/4 cup, I didn't want it so hot we couldn't enjoy it)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Ranch dressing
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain.
In a large sauce pan, combine chicken broth, cream cheese, hot sauce, cheddar cheese and Ranch. Stir until cream cheese is melted and sauce is warm. Add chicken and toss with spaghetti.
This was so easy and so good! My biggest concern was making it too hot, but it seemed just right.
Nutritional info: I didn't write everything down on this. I calculated it on my iPhone app, but didn't save all the details. Originally I thought it was going to be 4 servings, so it would be about 10 points plus (42 points for the entire recipe.) We have eaten it twice and there's still some left, so I'm guessing 6 servings, so about 7 points plus for a good size serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment