Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Foodie

Les called me one night this week while he was in Des Moines. (Edit: Les called me every night that he was in Des Moines. This post is about one of those nights.) He told me about a wonderful sandwich he had for lunch that day. "We've got to have this at home," he said. So we did! Are you tired of the same old turkey sandwich? Well here's a new twist for you:


Turkey-Apple-Apple Butter Sandwich

Bread of your choice
Sliced Turkey breast
Thinly sliced apple
Apple butter
Cheese (optional)

1. Spread apple butter on bread.
2. Add turkey, apple slices and cheese.
3. Put together and enjoy!


This is SO good! As you can see, we had ours on croissants today, but any bread will do. I used Cracker Pepper Turkey so it had a little extra flavor, but the apples and apple butter make an old standby taste new. Les had cheese on his, I did not ~ I just enjoyed the apples and apple butter!

No comments:

Verse of the Day