
Last night we bought tickets to see the The Blind Boys of Alabama in concert. I am SO excited!!! I love their Christmas album - "Go Tell It On The Mountain" and have been wanting to see them for several years.
In case you've never heard of The Blind Boys, here are some quotes from their website:
"The Blind Boys of Alabama are recognized worldwide as living legends of gospel music."
"The Blind Boys of Alabama formed at the Alabama Institute for the Negro Blind in 1939. The group toiled for almost 40 years almost exclusively on the black gospel circuit, playing in churches, auditoriums, and even stadiums across the country. Their recorded output, reaching back to 1948 with their hit “I Can See Everybody’s Mother But Mine” on the Veejay label, is widely recognized as being influential for many gospel, R&B and rock ‘n’ roll artists."
"...the Blind Boys of Alabama head into their seventh decade of belting out impeccable harmonies..."

Next Monday night at 8:00 we will be sitting in the Walt Disney Concert Hall!!! Can't wait!! Expect a full report on Tuesday.
1 comment:
Sounds like fun!
The one building that I really wanted to see (but didn't!) while in SoCal was the concert hall. Love the unique shape of it!
Post a Comment