
We were in Washington, DC a few summers ago and I was fascinated by all the war memorials, but this one really caught my attention. It is the Korean War Veterans Memorial. There are 19 statues depicting a squad on patrol, their windblown ponchos recalling the harsh weather. This symbolic patrol brings together members of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Marines, and Navy; the men portrayed are from a variety of ethnic backgrounds. As we walked the area, I felt the eyes of the soldiers were always on me.
I think this picture, with snow covering our brave men, is what war is really like. They may be serving in 100+ degree temps, but the reality is, it is difficult and the load they carry is heavy. Since it's not Veterans Day or Memorial Day it's easy to forget that there are soldiers serving TODAY, but they are and they need our support and prayers wherever they go.
No comments:
Post a Comment