to look and sound a lot like Christmas!!
I have NEVER decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving, but I decided I would this year! I so enjoy pulling out old friends. Seeing decorations that Mom or Grandma made and passed on to me... All my "Village People"... My Bethlehem village... Carolers... Wreaths... Garland... Lights... An entire room of snowmen... Christmas dishes... and a kitchen full of gingerbread men! I love it all. It took a couple of days, but it's just so fun! And it was great coming home from Thanksgiving to a decorated house!
Les' sister and her family were decorating when Lisa had this exchange with her 8 year old son, Reece:
Reece: Mom, is the Christmas tree masculine or feminine?
Lisa: I don't know, Reece.
Reece: Feminine - it's wearing a skirt!
So now you know!
There are also the sounds. We have so many Christmas CDs. Traditional oldies like Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, and Frank Sinatra. More recent offerings such as Bryan Duncan, Steven Curtis Chapman, and Martha Munizzi. Crystal Lewis, Michael W. Smith, Norman Hutchins. The Blind Boys of Alabama are in the house! I love it all. Even "The Christmas Shoes" by New Song... yes, I cry every time I hear "Momma made Christmas good in our house, most years she just did without." A favorite around here is Phil Driscoll's "Heaven and Nature Swing" - it's a fun collection of rip roaring trumpet tunes! And if I get tired of all those, I can turn on Sirius radio with 5 stations of Holiday tunes, 24/7!
The Smells of Christmas will begin soon... I've already had a request from one of Les' co-workers for my holiday baking.
What about you? Have you decorated yet? Do you decorate a lot or little? Favorite tunes?
Most of all, I love remembering that "Jesus is the Reason for the Season."
1 comment:
Love Christmas. Inside our house is totally decorated - and I love it. Had it decorated when our granddaughters were here for Thanksgiving. Outside, we've got the fence decorated with garland and wreaths, plus lights, lights, lights. Even got Christmas music ready to play. Got to do inside the fence in the next couple of days. You'd think that Bro Hopper and I were kids as we get so excited and keep adding more and more.
Post a Comment